[linux-audio-user] snd problems

Subject: [linux-audio-user] snd problems
From: jordan muscott (morsecode_AT_blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: Mon Mar 04 2002 - 20:50:46 EET

ive just built snd (with alsa 0.9beta 11) and the gtk interface, and i
was wondering if anyone else had observed the following:

1) the gtk interface seems buggy, ie it crashes spurting out loads of
gtk related messages on certain operations

2) the recording functions are also riddled with bugs. I havent played
with this long enough to work out the exact problems, but basically
recording through the mic input on my soundcard seems to work, but when
i try the line in, snd registers the input fine on the meters, but as
soon as i click 'record', the meters shoot up into the red, and then
stay there even after i kill the sound source..

(i know this sounds like a feedback type problem, but im baffled if i can see what could be causing that.....)

anyway else experienced the same?

and also, any recommendations for alternative software to use to record some music. (at this stage all im doing is trying to record one track so that i can convert it to an mp3)

cheers, Jordan.