Re: [linux-audio-user] snd problems

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] snd problems
From: Frank Barknecht (barknech_AT_ph-cip.uni-koeln.de)
Date: Tue Mar 05 2002 - 02:45:25 EET

Hi,
jordan muscott hat gesagt: // jordan muscott wrote:

> ive just built snd (with alsa 0.9beta 11) and the gtk interface, and i
> was wondering if anyone else had observed the following:
>
> 1) the gtk interface seems buggy, ie it crashes spurting out loads of
> gtk related messages on certain operations

Use OpenMotif, GTK is not well supported in snd.

> 2) the recording functions are also riddled with bugs. I havent played
> anyway else experienced the same?

I also never got recording to work right in snd. I like snd very much as an
editor, but not for recording.

> and also, any recommendations for alternative software to use to record
> some music. (at this stage all im doing is trying to record one track so
> that i can convert it to an mp3)

ecasound is IMHO the best recorder right now, second comes GSMP and Ardour
will probably surpass both, but I didn't try it for some months now. Last
time I checked it wasn't useable. All URLs at www.linuxsound.at and the
other mirrors.

bye,

--