[linux-audio-user] Laptops of choice?

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Laptops of choice?
From: Nick D (nixx_AT_nixx.org.uk)
Date: Fri Mar 08 2002 - 22:17:49 EET

Hi all,

Im looking at buying a laptop soon to use as my main system (im gonna be on the move etc.. so gotta leave the desktop behind ;-/ ) and I'm quite tempted by an iBook / powerbook..

Just wondered what kind of expereinces people have had running linux audio stuff on laptops, which they'd recommend etc.. also which laptop audio / midi interfaces have been good for people.

Ive seen theres now a linux driver for the emi2|6 usb interface, so thats looking pretty sweet :) if only ALSA had usb audio..

cheers

nick