Re: [linux-audio-user] FreeBSD or GNU/Linux (Audio Support Comparisons)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] FreeBSD or GNU/Linux (Audio Support Comparisons)
From: Frank Barknecht (barknech_AT_ph-cip.uni-koeln.de)
Date: Sat Mar 09 2002 - 13:17:44 EET

  To: linux-audio-dev_AT_music.columbia.edu
  Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] introduction & ideas
  Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 14:56:12 -0500
  From: Paul Davis <pbd_AT_Op.Net>

  there are not many device drivers for interesting, let alone high-end,
  devices for the *BSD series of kernels. the fact is that most
  development in this field (that is open-source too) is taking place
  under Linux, with whatever that implies. Whether its animation, audio,
  video, whatever - the major impetus within the open source world comes
  from Linux. *BSD is proving its place as an excellent server/secure
  OS, but it doesn't have any of the multimedia momentum that has begun
  to emerge with Linux.

bye,

--
                                                 __    __