Re: [linux-audio-user] MIDI question

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] MIDI question
From: Laura Conrad (lconrad_AT_laymusic.org)
Date: Thu Mar 14 2002 - 16:26:25 EET

    Gavin> Although I have experienced a steep learning curve with
    Gavin> Debian, once I got X running, sound has been very easy to
    Gavin> use. I have been able to play CDs, mp3s etc. with no
    Gavin> problem. I have yet to get MIDI working & I would greatly
    Gavin> appreciate any thoughts on whether or how this is possible.

As others have pointed out, you aren't saying what you need to do with
the MIDI, but for what I do (MIDI playback to proofread scores), I can
make do with timidity, which works if you have any kind of sound
working, for long periods after hardware or software "upgrades" have
broken the synth.

--
Laura (mailto:lconrad_AT_laymusic.org , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097	fax: (801) 365-6574