Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] amSynth 1.0beta1

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] amSynth 1.0beta1
From: Nick D (nixx_AT_nixx.org.uk)
Date: Tue Mar 19 2002 - 23:15:37 EET

On 19 Mar 2002 20:40:58 +0000
matt yee-king <yeeking_AT_no-future.com> wrote:

> i just twiddled the knobs...

did the same thing happen when you didn't twiddle the knobs?
i mean, did it seem to be related to that at all?

> i should have mentioned its an smp system - maybe thats it...something
> to do with threaded apps and smp maybe?? i could try it with a non smp
> kernel...

i don't have access to an SMP system for testing. I can't immediately think how that would affect it, but if you could determine whether that was the cause it would be a great help :-)

btw, were you running with SUID root permissions (needed for SCHED_FIFO scheduling)?

cheers

nick