Re: [linux-audio-user] Pitch-deducer software

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Pitch-deducer software
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 16:02:18 EET

Julien Patrick Claassen wrote:

> The only thing I could thik of are the vocoder tools. I think they are
> stored somewhere on musetex. But you can also find them at Dave Phillip's
> linux-audio pages:
> http://www.bright.net/~dlphilp/linuxsound
> They are console-based. I don't know how much they can really do.

The items available at MusTec include Maurizio Puxeddu's pitchtracking
software. I just downloaded and built his package thePitchtrackingSuite
(yes, all one word), that might be the best one to try first. It
includes a simple GUI as well as compiling for command-line-only
operation. You can download it now here:

        ftp://mustec.bgsu.edu/pub/linux/thePitchtrackingSuite-1.0p1.tar.gz

If real-time pitchtracking is required, perhaps one of the apps listed
in the Scopes/Visualizers section of the Linux soundapps pages will do ?
Check the DSP Software section too.

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        The Linux Soundapps Site at http://linux-sound.org