Re: [linux-audio-user] ALSA Midi device naming/config proposal.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] ALSA Midi device naming/config proposal.
From: Juan Linietsky (coding_AT_reduz.com.ar)
Date: Tue Mar 26 2002 - 09:20:48 EET

On Tue, 26 Mar 2002 00:26:32 +0100
Ola Andersson <mnomn_AT_mnomn.com> wrote:

> Juan,
>
> I am flattered that you think this group posess knowledge of this kind.
> There is a group called Linux-audi-developer...

Hello!

Well, i wanted to ask the users first with the hopes that will let me know how useful would find this. The idea is that, from the point of view of an end user, you would be able to retrieve patch names automatically from your sound driver/softsynth/sequencer client app, or, if such device doesnt support internal patch naming, you can just use a only and one patch definition file for all the midi programs.

regards

Juan Linietsky