Re: [linux-audio-user] New Linux soundapp site progress

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] New Linux soundapp site progress
From: Will Benton (willb_AT_cs.wisc.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 04 2002 - 20:26:17 EEST

On Thu, Apr 04, 2002 at 09:06:26AM -0800, Paul Winkler wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 04, 2002 at 08:27:29PM +0000, Guy CLOTILDE wrote:
> > Hi
> > what about "Electro" or "Electronic music" for this category ? It's a bit lame I know but lots of people refers to that this way.
> >

> Too confusing... "electronic music" also refers to the classic
> academic stuff: software synthesis languages, algorithmic
> composition, etc.

"Electronica" seems to be the accepted catch-all term for music made
with those sorts of tools or similar (i.e. techno, ambient, d&b,
etc.), and I don't think anyone would hear "electronica" and think
"Stockhausen", "Schaeffer", or "IRCAM". But I could be wrong.

wb

--
Will Benton      | "Die richtige Methode der Philosophie wäre eigentlich
willb_AT_acm.org    |  die: Nichts zu sagen, als was sich sagen läßt...."