Re: [linux-audio-user] cleaning house (libstdc++ question)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] cleaning house (libstdc++ question)
From: Frank Barknecht (barknech_AT_ph-cip.uni-koeln.de)
Date: Fri Apr 05 2002 - 10:19:34 EEST

Hi,
Dave Phillips hat gesagt: // Dave Phillips wrote:

> I now believe (irrationally) that the source of my troubles lies in
> the fact that I've over-populated my system with versions of libsdtc++.
This might well be...
> Here's what I have in /usr/lib :
>
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2022860 Jul 11 2001
> libstdc++-2-libc6.1-1-2.9.0.a
[in Windows this was called DLL-Hell...]

> To back up a bit: After upgrading to RH 7.2 I discovered that MusE
> would not compile under the notorious RH GCC 2.96, so I downgraded to
> GCC 2.95.3. I installed an RPM I found somewhere, so I not only have the
> list of libsdtc++'s seen above, I also have these listings in
> /usr/include :
>
> /usr/include/g++-2
> /usr/include/g++-2.old
> /usr/include/g++-3
>
> In the same directory I have a bunch of links to various stl includes,
> the stack and string headers, and so forth, all linked from
> /usr/include/g++-2. I assume the g++-3 directory got there after I the
> original upgrade to RH 7.2.
>
> So my questions are: Which version(s) of libstdc++ should I keep ?
> Which include directory should I keep ?

I can't tell which version you should keep, I'm on Debian. But at least
g++-3.0 quite nit-picks with the version of its libstdc++ libraries. You
could look around on gcc.gnu.org what conflicts there are. Otherwise I
found g++ 3.0 quite good for C++ source code, so you maybe could try to get
this one working.

bye,

--
                                                 __    __