Re: [linux-audio-user] New Linux soundapp site progress

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] New Linux soundapp site progress
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Sun Apr 07 2002 - 01:27:16 EEST

On Sat, Apr 06, 2002 at 12:03:48PM +0000, Guy CLOTILDE wrote:
> Hi
> About " Digital DJ "
> Here in France, from what I see , DJ means Disc-Jockey ( mainly techno music, but also DJing in a club ).
> I believe it's the same in other countries :) so I'm afraid that a lot of musicians will run scared . Wrongly they'll run but they'll run away :(
> I find the sound " Digital DJ " pleasant, but it's at least ambiguous

I'm not talking about the site title; I'm talking about
a category of software targeted at DJs and those who make
music for DJs: hip-hop and electronic dance music producers
and musicians.

For that category, I've yet to hear anything as concise
and clear as "Digital DJ".

--

Paul Winkler home: http://www.slinkp.com "Muppet Labs, where the future is made - today!"