Re: [linux-audio-user] Some Cheesetracker questions

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Some Cheesetracker questions
From: Juan Linietsky (coding_AT_reduz.com.ar)
Date: Wed Apr 10 2002 - 11:19:54 EEST

On Tue, 2 Apr 2002 14:27:00 +0200
Stefan Schwandter <e9925373_AT_student.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:

> Hello!
>

> I'm in the mood for doing some tracking :-) I haven't done this for
> about 5 years now, i used screamtracker then. So I was very happy to
> find cheesetracker (I don't like booting to windows much anymore).
>
> But: are there keyboard shortcuts implemented, apart from the function
> keys? For example: I want to load a sample. In screamtracker, you just
> press enter on the name of the sample and you get a box where you select
> the sample file that should be loaded at that position (IIRC).
>
> In Cheesetracker, does one really have to click on "edit" and select
> load, or is there some keyboard shortcut?
>
> Another thing that disturbs me is, that the file selection boxes always
> use the working directory as the default. Is there a way to specify
> where the samples, the instruments, the songs etc live on the HD, so
> that the file selection dialogue initially shows shows the right
> directory, like in screamtracker?
>

> regards, Stefan

Hey it's cool that you ask this just right now because i'm about to release a new version in some hours, VERY improved, and with all what you said ;)
the only thing i cant do is browsing samples the same way as in scream tracker, unless i wrote a new filemanager widget, at least for now.
But what you CAN do, is to open an IT or XM file and browse the samples
inside to pick what you like.

regards!

Juan Linietsky