Re: [linux-audio-user] Newbie introduction

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Newbie introduction
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Apr 12 2002 - 18:46:36 EEST

On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 10:40:34 -0400, Taybin Rutkin wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, Steve Harris wrote:
>
> > If the're mine, please report bugs, ladspa plugins are required not to
> > crash, even given input outside thier ranges, but theres really a lot of
>
> That's a good requirment. Is it mentioned in ladspa.h? Maybe buggy
> plugins should set a flag, "crashable", similar to the "realtime" flag? ;)

ladspa.h lines 57-60:

/* Fundamental data type passed in and out of plugin. This data type
   is used to communicate audio samples and control values. It is
   assumed that the plugin will work sensibly given any numeric input
   value although it may have a preferred range (see hints below). */

I think in the authors guide its a bit more strongly worded.

By contrast VST plugins are only required to handle [0,1]. I think its
undefined if you give them parameters outside that range.

- Steve