Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] AlsaModularSynth 1.1.2

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] AlsaModularSynth 1.1.2
From: Dr. Matthias Nagorni (mana_AT_suse.de)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 19:06:33 EEST

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, Dave Phillips wrote:

> Frank Barknecht wrote:
>
> > Now here's my generic solution ready to cut and paste:
> >
> > for p in $(echo $LADSPA_PATH | sed -e 's/:/ /g'); do find $p -name "*.so" >> ~/.amsrc ; done
>
> Perhaps this could be worked into Dr. Nagorni's scripts ?
Done. AlsaModularSynth now scans the directories found in LADSPA_PATH
and even does not segfault if you add /usr/lib to LADSPA_PATH ;-)
However now another problem showed up: When saving a setup containing a
LADSPA module, only the index of the .so library (e.g.cmt.so) and the
index of the plugin within this library are saved. This works fine, until
you use a different order of the LADSPA .so libraries when loading a
preset. And _this_ is why you still can't load the other examples. Try to
configure cmt.so (with its full path) as _first_ line in .amsrc. This was
my setup when I saved the examples. I will release a new tarball when I
have fixed this.

> I'm getting no joy from a hook-up like this one:
>
> envelope -> ladspa_organ -> mixer -> pcm_output
The organ plugin requires "Sustain Lo" and "Sustain Hi" set to 1. And then
you need to set the volume of at least one harmonic. BTW you do not need
the mixer plugin in this case since the config dialog of pcm_out also has
gain sliders. I recommend using Freeverb from the cmt set. Freeverb
requires at least a non-zero Dry Level. The organ plugin by David A. Bartold
is really amazing, isn't it ?

Matthias

--
Dr. Matthias Nagorni