Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] AlsaModularSynth 1.1.2

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] AlsaModularSynth 1.1.2
From: Dr. Matthias Nagorni (mana_AT_suse.de)
Date: Wed Apr 24 2002 - 11:37:14 EEST

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, jordan muscott wrote:

> ams seems really promising. However, a little bug report. I don't think
> anyone else has mentioned this -> i seem to get segfaults if I remove a
> module whilst ams is recieving midi. Anyone else?
Yes, me. Therefore I recommend to stop synthesis before changing the setup
and to disconnect a module before removing it. Escpecially the PCM out
module and the modules directly connected to it require disconnecting
because PCM out is rooted to the audio playback thread. I hope to
improve this soon.

> One other question regarding kladspa, it seems to be looking for
> ~/.kladspa_colordef . I cannot seem to find any mention of the format
> that this file should take. Any suggestions.
Have a look at kladspa_colordef_example which is part of the tarball of
kladspa. You can copy this to .kladspa_colordef in your homedir. It
contains identifiers for the different GUI items followed by a RGB triple.

Matthias

--
Dr. Matthias Nagorni
SuSE GmbH