Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] AlsaModularSynth 1.1.2

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] AlsaModularSynth 1.1.2
From: Dr. Matthias Nagorni (mana_AT_suse.de)
Date: Fri Apr 26 2002 - 17:34:17 EEST

On Fri, 26 Apr 2002, Junichi Uekawa wrote:

> Steve Harris <S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk> cum veritate scripsit:
>
> Hi,
>
> > Yes, and yes. I have some ideas about how this can be done, without
> > modifiying the ladspa spec (significantly). It requires some
> > sophisticated code in the hosts, so may not be popular.
>
> I'm having something like a ladspa-helper.so library, to
> make it easier. But I don't have a concrete idea yet,
> or if there really is a need.
>
> At least, having something like a "search_plugin" function to get
> a list of plugins, would be nice.
I would like to discuss this on LAD later. I think it would be nice to
extend LADSPA. This has been discussed already on LAD before I joined
the list, so I have to read the archives first. Also it would be nice
to have some cooperation among the softsynth developers. Maybe the
demands of the softsynth projects can be a guide for LADSPA extension.
BTW I'll be on vacation next week, therefore more later on LAD.

Matthias

--
Dr. Matthias Nagorni
SuSE GmbH