Re: [linux-audio-user] A good MIDI sequencer.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] A good MIDI sequencer.
From: jordan muscott (morsecode_AT_blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: Fri May 03 2002 - 21:13:21 EEST

>Jazz is the only thing I probably can use, but It does not seem to have
>a stave editor. I really dont need it but the piano roll does not cut
>it for me. I can live with even a simple one where i use vi to create a
>note file. (I wan to do polyrythmic and microtonal music eventually)

Have you thought about using a (midi) tracker style sequencer? The fact
that you say you can "live with even a simple one where i use vi to
create a note file" makes me suggest this. Ive been using Shaketracker
recently, and ttrk is also worth a look. Its a pretty basic way of
editing music, but i like it.

jordan.

ps ttrk is console based, and only relies on the slang library which is
small.