Re: [linux-audio-user] A good MIDI sequencer.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] A good MIDI sequencer.
From: Laura Conrad (lconrad_AT_laymusic.org)
Date: Mon May 06 2002 - 16:49:37 EEST

    Will> In a somewhat related vein, what GUI tools are people using for
    Will> notation? The new Rosegarden really looks quite pretty/functional,
    Will> but I don't use KDE (and don't have room for it on my crummy
    Will> notebook). I've tried denemo, but was hoping to find something with a
    Will> Finale-style "simple entry palette."

I don't really use GUI notation tools, because I haven't found one
that's easier for me than typing ABC. But I've experimented with all
of noteedit, denemo, and rosegarden, and I like noteedit best. You do
have to have too many libraries installed, but the support is good.
Rosegarden isn't really supported at all, and the denemo people
disappear into writing their theses pretty often.

I've never used Finale, so I don't know how close the entry palette
is, but there's something I'd call an entry palette.

--
Laura (mailto:lconrad_AT_laymusic.org , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097	fax: (801) 365-6574