[linux-audio-user] creating an audio CD from tape

Subject: [linux-audio-user] creating an audio CD from tape
From: author (millward_AT_Ms.UManitoba.CA)
Date: Tue May 07 2002 - 00:31:59 EEST

I'm just a simple Linux user who knows very little about
Linux music. I want to get my precious old music
off the cassette tape before it starts to stretch or
deteriorate and save it onto CD.
I know how to hook up the cassette tape player to
my sound card ( SB Live ) and how to record a track
into the computer using the Gnome mixer and
 rec -V -r48000 -s -w -c2 whatever.wav
After that, I'm not sure exactly what to do.
  Do you use .wav files to burn an audio CD that
can be played on a regular audio CD player?
  Do the .wav files have to have a bit rate of
 44,100 or can 48000 be used?
   I read that mkisofs is not used for audio CD so
all I have to know is cdrecord, Y/N ?
If so, could anyone give me a cdrecord command
that could burn an audio CD using the .wav files
in a directory named 'my_music' ?
I'm using Red Hat 7.2 on an AMD K6-2 500 MHz machine.
  Any information would be much appreciated! Thanks.