Re: [linux-audio-user] creating an audio CD from tape

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] creating an audio CD from tape
From: luis jure (luisjure_AT_multitel.com.uy)
Date: Thu May 09 2002 - 05:42:19 EEST

el Wed, 8 May 2002 21:02:48 -0500
author <millward_AT_Ms.UManitoba.CA> escribió:

> These doc files are fine for SCSI burners but I have
> an ATAPI, so I'm not at all sure what to put down for
> dev=

cdrecord, cdrdao and the like work asuming you have scsi drives, but don't
worry, you can use scsi emulation with your ide drives. you only have to
recompile scsi emulation support in the kernel. the following works for me:

in the directory where you have the kernel sources (/usr/src/linux) do "make
menuconfig"

in:
IDE/ATA/MFM/RLL support --> IDE, ATA and ATAPI Block devices --->

unselect IDE-ATAPI CDROM SUPPORT
select SCSI EMULATION SUPPORT

in SCSI support:
select SCSI SUPPORT
                SCSI DISK SUPPORT
                SCSI CD-ROM SUPPORT
                SCSI GENERIC SUPPORT

save configuration and recompile kernel. when booting with the new kernel your
ide cd drives should be recognized as scsi. in my system cdrw is /dev/sr0 and
cdrom is /dev/sr1, that is dev=0,0,0 and dev=0,1,0. you can check with "cdrecord
-scanbus"

good luck and hth,

lj