Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: iMic and ALSA

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: iMic and ALSA
From: matt yee-king (yeeking_AT_no-future.com)
Date: Tue May 14 2002 - 17:51:37 EEST

i'm using oss. alsa for powerbook/ ibook internal audio is broken as far
as i know (compiles but does nothing). the usb audio driver is neither
oss or alsa - i think its in its own class of driver.

do you have a dsp1 in your dev directory?

heres what i have:

crw------- 1 matthew sys 14, 19 Apr 26 13:24 dsp1

if you don't have a /dev/dsp1, try

#mknod /dev/dsp1 c 14 3

when i plug in my imic, the module is automatically loaded and i get the
same output as you.

i use the gnome gmix audio mixer - when i plug in my imic, it appears in
gmix as a 'usb audio device' alongside the internall audio card.

- matthew