Re: [linux-audio-user] Digital Audio Data out of laptop

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Digital Audio Data out of laptop
From: Frank Barknecht (barknech_AT_ph-cip.uni-koeln.de)
Date: Tue May 14 2002 - 17:59:19 EEST

D. Sen hat gesagt: // D. Sen wrote:

> The Hammerfall DSP audio doesnt provide AES/EBU does it? And I am
> looking at about 300 Euros for the PCMCIA card and some more for the
> D/A?

If I understand the technical aspects correctly, one installs the
HDSP PCMCIA-card into the notebook slot, and connects it to the I/O
box, either the Multiface or the Digiface, both of which provide
AES/EBU in- and output, according to rme-audio.com

But I don't own this setup and I probably never will :( so your best
bet would be to mail the rme-support about this and maybe Paul Barton
Davis, author of the ALSA driver.

ciao,

--
 Frank Barknecht                                  _ _______footils__