Re: [linux-audio-user] streaming audio and internet data priorities

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] streaming audio and internet data priorities
From: Alex Timmer (mijn_troep_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu May 16 2002 - 13:31:23 EEST

Mark,

thanks for that suggestion, i indeed did some googling and found some
webpages that talk about this:

http://lass.cs.umass.edu/software/qlinux/index.html
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=3369 (june 2001, already
old news ?)

now i only have to check that these modules can also works for my
'workstation' setup. and does this need a new 'virtual' IP address
that contains a QOS'ed adapted internet stream ?? (hope i make sense)

more like this:

internet -> QOS module -> regulated output -> all applications

i need to understand a bit more about how this QOS works i think. =)
the linux kernel mailinglist is maybe a better place to ask ?

ALEX