Re: [linux-audio-user] streaming audio and internet data priorities

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] streaming audio and internet data priorities
From: Alex Timmer (mijn_troep_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu May 16 2002 - 13:41:07 EEST

Tobias,

i will give you a bit more information about my setup. i'm using
Realplayer to listen to the following stream:

http://www.kinkfm.com/kinkfm/kink.ram

for the browsing i use both Opera and Netscape(mozilla). i can't
remember the versions out of my head, i'm at work at the moment. and
sometimes i also use ftp, i do that from the command line.

my distribution at the moment is still Mandrake8.1 (yes i'm more of a
user than a hacker) but i intend to change soon to Debian. i am not
aware of any 'external' programs that can to this 'data management /
throttling' of internet data.

greetings, ALEX