Re: [linux-audio-user] Minidisk question

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Minidisk question
From: Frank Barknecht (barknech_AT_ph-cip.uni-koeln.de)
Date: Sun May 19 2002 - 14:58:12 EEST

hi,
Andrew Nesbit hat gesagt: // Andrew Nesbit wrote:
> Frank Barknecht <barknech_AT_ph-cip.uni-koeln.de> writes:
> > All Delta-Cards with the ICE cipset should work fine with ALSA 0.9. I
> > only have the Audiophile, which is a kind of Delta but only 2-channel
> > and it works fine. Others report the same for their higher end Deltas
> > on the alsa lists.
>
> Based on my personal experience, it is a bit of an overstatement to
> say that ICE1712-based cards work "fine" with ALSA 0.9, the most
> noticeable problems being that the OSS mixer emulation does not work

That's an annoyance I can live with. I think, having to much controls
in the mixer like the SBLive has, is worse ;)

> and that using the monitor mixer with outputs set to "0dB" gives a
> harsh clipping-like effect.

The monitor mixer is H/W In 1 and 2, isn't it? I don't hear a clipping
here, but PD shows me that the ADC seems to clip, but it does this
regardless of the settings in envy24control. I'm not sure, how PD reads
it's ADC information, though.

> I also get a short burst of noise at the very start and end of
> playback (but I don't know if this is peculiar to this driver or
> card).
Now this is serious: I get the same, and I always thought it somehow
was my fault. But this is only a small and short clickish sound.
OTOH I remember, that my SBLive showed te same behaviour, but I can't
test this right now.

ciao,