Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: snd,DPhillips .scms on yellowdog 2.2

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: snd,DPhillips .scms on yellowdog 2.2
From: matt yee-king (yeeking_AT_no-future.com)
Date: Sun May 26 2002 - 17:59:00 EEST

hello...

re: which version of motif i have,

 rpm -qa| grep motif

outputs:

openmotif-2.1.30-8
openmotif-devel-2.1.30-8

sounds like you should uninstall lesstif and try and get openmotif on
there.

as for dependencies, see what depends on lesstif.
(rpm -e lesstif-0.92.32-6 will try to uninstall it and therefore show
you what depends on it)

if you don't need the dependent programs, get rid of them too...
--nodeps should really be a last resort!, especially when uninstalling.

> I think I'm going to re-install all my ladspa files again.
> I think the first ladspa.sdk install found an error.

you can probably run

make uninstall

in the original ladspa source directory to uninstall. FYI..

> What is the difference between cvs downloads and normal downloads? Which alsa
> driver did you 'make install' sucessfully?

cvs is the most current version of the code (the developers work into
the cvs tree). the powerbook alsa driver was fixed very recently, so the
fix is not in the rc1 packages. note that there is a funny bug with the
driver that means you will get no sound out until you adjust the mic
boost level in alsamixer...

> Personally using Linux on a Mac is very useful to me. Non Mac users often
> can't see why we do this :-)

yes - now they have macosx, they think they have it all, but i
personally find macosx to be a slug and a bastardised version of unix.
Although it runs quake like nothing else ;) Also i'm just more into the
100% open source vibe.

matthew

::::::: Matthew Yee-King :::::::::::::::::
::::::: yeeking_AT_no-future.com ::::::::::::
::::::: http://www.yeeking.net/ ::::::::::