Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: snd,DPhillips .scms on yellowdog 2.2

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: snd,DPhillips .scms on yellowdog 2.2
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Mon May 27 2002 - 00:09:33 EEST

kcross wrote:

> -Matthew :-),
>
> Thanks for your suggestions.I uninstalled Lesstif and then installed openmotif.

Just a few words regarding OpenMotif and LessTif:

  I've found that compiling the NoTAM software (Mix, Ceres, Mammut) with
OpenMotif will either not succeed at all or the binaries will fail.
Ergo, I keep a LessTif directory around in order to build and run those
apps. OpenMotif is great, but it doesn't accomodate Motif 1.2 (AFAICT),
so I've ended up keeping both on my system, with OpenMotif as my default
installed Motif. I build LessTif myself and keep in $HOME/LessTif (or
something like that) then just point the NoTAM Makefiles to that
location. Everything builds and runs fine. It may be a trivial matter
(or maybe not) to fix the NoTAM software to accomodate OpenMotif, but I
don't have the time to do it. Btw, Ceres3 builds and runs fine under
OpenMotif.

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        The Linux Soundapps Site at http://linux-sound.org