Re: [linux-audio-user] [OT] Anybody have the "Anthology of American Folk Music"?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] [OT] Anybody have the "Anthology of American Folk Music"?
From: Juan Linietsky (coding_AT_reduz.com.ar)
Date: Wed Jun 12 2002 - 03:36:17 EEST

On Tue, 11 Jun 2002 15:36:41 -0400
Paul Winkler <pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com> wrote:

> Very sad moment for me here: I stepped on and broke disc
> 3-A of my box set of the folkways "Anthology of American Folk
> Music". That was my favorite CD from the set, too. :(

American folk? We have pretty good folk here in the south..
(Argentina/Bolivia/Chile/Peru), maybe you've heard of
Atahualpa Yupanqui, Mercedes Sosa, Inti Illimani, etc
On the other hand maybe the CD contains a typo and it meant
"North American Folk".. Gotta love marihachi music..
Maybe the CD just meant "US Folk" after all ;)

Cheers!

Juan Linietsky