Re: [linux-audio-user] [OT] Anybody have the "Anthology of American Folk Music"?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] [OT] Anybody have the "Anthology of American Folk Music"?
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Wed Jun 12 2002 - 03:57:01 EEST

On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 09:36:17PM -0300, Juan Linietsky wrote:
> American folk? We have pretty good folk here in the south..
> (Argentina/Bolivia/Chile/Peru), maybe you've heard of
> Atahualpa Yupanqui, Mercedes Sosa, Inti Illimani, etc
> On the other hand maybe the CD contains a typo and it meant
> "North American Folk".. Gotta love marihachi music..
> Maybe the CD just meant "US Folk" after all ;)

Pretty much. It was originally issued in the 1950s I think...
it compiles a lot of recordings originally made in the 1930s
and is really an incredible collection.

But I don't think there's anything on it from outside the 48 continental
US states.

--

Paul Winkler home: http://www.slinkp.com "Muppet Labs, where the future is made - today!"