Re: [linux-audio-user] Rosegarden setup problem

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Rosegarden setup problem
From: Chris Cannam (cannam_AT_all-day-breakfast.com)
Date: Wed Jun 26 2002 - 17:33:37 EEST

[I don't subscribe to LAU, I just read the archives occasionally.
cc'ing rosegarden-devel, do likewise if you need any more replies]

Greg House writes:

> make install put the binaries in /usr/local/kde/bin, which I added to
> my path. When I run the rosegarden app, I get a bunch of errors saying
> it can't find the xpm files for the buttons and that sort of thing.
> Here's the output:
>
> [greg_AT_penguin greg]$ rosegarden
> QPixmap::convertFromImage: Cannot convert a null image
> QPixmap::convertFromImage: Cannot convert a null image
> QPixmap::convertFromImage: Cannot convert a null image
> [...]
> Do I need to set up an environment variable somewhere?

Yes, you almost certainly need to set KDEDIRS=$KDEDIRS:/usr/local/kde
and export it before starting up Rosegarden.

This is a fairly generic KDE problem: I'm not quite sure how KDE and
RedHat interact when deciding where to install, but it's a bit poor
that it ends up installing somewhere that it then can't locate.

(Recent CVS versions of Rosegarden have a more meaningful error with
extra explanatory text, instead of just crashing like that.)

Chris