[linux-audio-user] USB sound

Subject: [linux-audio-user] USB sound
From: Alexander Cart (Alexander_Carot_AT_gmx.net)
Date: Wed Jun 26 2002 - 22:15:04 EEST

Hej to all,

I'm running Linux on an iBook that has no soundin jack so I have to use USB.

Which device can you recommend ? Is there firewire support too ?

I thought about buying an external USB device but I wonder how comes that
there are cheap microphones for win and mac in the stores that can be
connected to USB directly ?

Could that work for f.e. ALSA as well ?

Thanks

-- A l e x