Re: [linux-audio-user] USB sound

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] USB sound
From: Speaker to Vegetables (speaker-to-vegetables_AT_pobox.com)
Date: Sat Jun 29 2002 - 15:18:04 EEST

Not to be overly pedantic or anything, but putting stuff in the kernel
that doesn't have to be there would be the unprofessional thing. Stuff
that goes in the kernel is harder to install and usually harder to use.
More importantly, bugs in code that goes in the OS kernel can easily
crash the whole computer, while userland code seldom crashes anything
beyond its own little process. The golden reason for putting anything
in a kernel-level driver is when that's the only way to get it to
perform well enough.

--
"Can you remember the future? Forget it!"