Re: [linux-audio-user] recorder for streaming audio

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] recorder for streaming audio
From: Dr. Matthias Nagorni (mana_AT_suse.de)
Date: Wed Jul 10 2002 - 12:09:01 EEST

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, Mark Constable wrote:

> It uses the loopback device from ALSA 0.5. I'm also looking
> for some method to save out a wav file for whatever I am
> listening to... no luck so far and I'd rather not complicate

Most soundcards offer an internal loopback from which you can capture.
Just select the appropriate capture source (soundcards have very
different names for this) e.g. with alsamixer and check the capture settings.
As far as I remember SB PCI calls it "Mix" and for a SB Live, it's
"Wave". SB Live has an additional "Wave Capture" slider to control the
level of the internal capture.

Matthias

--
Dr. Matthias Nagorni