Re: [linux-audio-user] Nasty, Raspy Raw Data (Was: Removing distortion)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Nasty, Raspy Raw Data (Was: Removing distortion)
From: Joern Nettingsmeier (nettings_AT_folkwang-hochschule.de)
Date: Wed Jul 10 2002 - 18:48:29 EEST

"Kingsley G. Morse Jr." wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.
>
> It would be great to clean up the distortion.
>
> It seems to me that sharing its raw data may improve
> our discussion.
>
> Toward that end, a short sample is at
>
> http://www.nas.com/~change/private/dist.wav
>
> The distortion is about 3 seconds into the sample,
> after the speaker pauses and says the word
> "Following".

excuse me, but the distortion is really not the main problem with that
sample...
alsaplayer seems to think it's 9khz sampling rate, and there seems to be
an endianness problem or something equally weird. that may be a problem
on my part, but if what i hear really *is* your sample, you are lucky if
you're able to transcribe the words and have someone re-read it...