Re: [linux-audio-user] a brief update and a request

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] a brief update and a request
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Thu Jul 18 2002 - 23:57:36 EEST

Graham Percival wrote:

> In two or three weeks I'll be putting up a website featuring my compositions
> (mostly for cellos) written in lilypond, recorded in Debian with arecord, and
> edited with snd and audacity. Some of the music will be GPL'd (once I figure
> out which of the Free Audio licenses to use), and I'd be quite willing to give
> you permission to use some of the non-GPL'd (ie non-commercial) music as
> examples in your (commercial) book. It might be neat to include the .ly source
> file, the graphical score (or part thereof), and then the final audio recording.
> :)
>
> I'll advertise it here on lau when it's ready.

Hi, Graham:

  That would be fabulous ! I will include Audacity and LilyPond in the
new edition, and of course I'll be keeping Snd (with much revision). As
you say, it would be great to indicate how a "start to finish" project
progresses via the profiled software.

  Very cool, I'll look forward to your announcement.

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        The Linux Soundapps Site at http://linux-sound.org