Re: [linux-audio-user] a brief update and a request

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] a brief update and a request
From: Graham Percival (gperlist_AT_shaw.ca)
Date: Thu Jul 18 2002 - 23:45:04 EEST

On Thu, 18 Jul 2002 09:27:19 -0400
Dave Phillips <dlphilp_AT_bright.net> wrote:
> Ross Vandegrift wrote:
> > How about an included CD with tracks recorded and produced with free
> > software audio apps? People could submit recordings along with what
> > hardware/software they used to perform what functions.
>
> I would love to include actual music made with the profiled apps. My
> only concern is with copyright problems and perhaps the problem of
> distributing royalties for the pieces. Any suggestions ?

In two or three weeks I'll be putting up a website featuring my compositions
(mostly for cellos) written in lilypond, recorded in Debian with arecord, and
edited with snd and audacity. Some of the music will be GPL'd (once I figure
out which of the Free Audio licenses to use), and I'd be quite willing to give
you permission to use some of the non-GPL'd (ie non-commercial) music as
examples in your (commercial) book. It might be neat to include the .ly source
file, the graphical score (or part thereof), and then the final audio recording.
:)

I'll advertise it here on lau when it's ready.

- Graham Percival