Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: CD audio

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: CD audio
From: Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano (nando_AT_ccrma.Stanford.EDU)
Date: Sat Jul 20 2002 - 06:59:37 EEST

> OK, so having downloaded the most recent low-latency kernel patch and
> following those directions...
>
> [root_AT_gimel src]# cd /usr/src
> [root_AT_gimel src]# ls
> linux linux-2.4 linux-2.4.18-3 redhat
> [root_AT_gimel src]# patch -p0 < ~jzitt/2.4.18-rc1-low-latency.patch
> can't find file to patch at input line 3
> Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
> The text leading up to this was:
> --------------------------
> |--- linux-2.4.18-pre9/fs/reiserfs/stree.c Thu Feb 7 13:04:22 2002
> |+++ linux-akpm/fs/reiserfs/stree.c Mon Feb 11 15:28:07 2002
> --------------------------
> File to patch:
>
> Am I right in guessing that the explicit reference to linux-2.4.18-pre9
> in the patch is the problem? Should I make another symbolic link, using
> that name, or will that just make things worse?

Hmmm, I would cd into the linux-2.4.18-3 directory and to a patch -p1,
that would make the first component of the path irrelevant.

[I may be wrong in the followint] It would seem you are trying to patch
the standard redhat 7.3 kernel source. It may not patch cleanly as the
lowlat patch you have is meant to patch 2.4.18 + 2.4.19-rc1. The redhat
kernel includes a partial low latency kernel patch (and a ton of other
patches) that might conflict with the full lowlat one.

 -- Fernando