Re: [linux-audio-user] "File size limit exceeded" (2gb)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] "File size limit exceeded" (2gb)
From: Ross Vandegrift (ross_AT_willow.seitz.com)
Date: Tue Jul 23 2002 - 06:00:12 EEST

> Also worth noting is that I can create a file larger than 2GB using:
> dd if=/dev/urandom of=/tmp/2gb_test_file
>
> So it seems that its not the filesystem.
>
> Any ideas?

In order for large files to work as you expect them (ie, in Audacity or
Ecasound), the apps need to be compiled with large file support. Since
it sounds like you have Audactiy and Ecasound from before you had LFS,
you may need to try recompiling them.

Also, on your reiserfs filesystem, if you mkresierfs'ed it as a version
3.5 LFS won't work - you'll need to remkfs and make it version 3.6.

Ross Vandegrift
ross_AT_willow.seitz.com