[linux-audio-user] Resampling help

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Resampling help
From: Robert Brown (sbg_AT_twcny.rr.com)
Date: Wed Jul 24 2002 - 21:43:37 EEST

Hello,
I am new to resampling on Linux and used to do my resampling in
SoundForge. Recently I posted to this list for suggestions about
using SoX, but someone was nice enough to suggest "resample".

Anyway, I am really sort of confused as to whether this is
the best quality way to resample because I just resampled a
900 meg file in about a minute! That seems odd to me because
in soundforge this takes about 30+ minutes. Can anyone suggest
a sure fire method of getting the best 48kHz > 44.1kHz resampling
results in linux?

I just need to resample a few files and I find myself kind of
overwhelmed by the volume of technical details on the subject
that I may have to digest in order to figure this out without
some help.

Any help is appreciated, thanks

--
Robert Brown