Re: [linux-audio-user] icky low level linux stuff

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] icky low level linux stuff
From: Richard Seymour (nutate_AT_speakeasy.net)
Date: Thu Jul 25 2002 - 22:48:31 EEST

http://www.agnula.org/

There you have it. I would say the prospects for this are awesome,
given who's backing it. There's nothing there, yet, though. Right
now, you just sort of have to play with what's out there. With ALSA
being merged into 2.5 and nearing 1.0? or at least a good 0.9 (I'm not
following the numbering, I just know they are at the release candidate
stage), there are some exciting things out there. Anyhow, that's
about it.

Side notes, as this is my first post to the list:

Anyone have any fun with laptops with SPDIF optical out? The new
gateways have this...

Anyone play with Ardour?

Anyone know how I can get into MIDI Music Production Techniques when I
;)

Later on,
Rich