Re: [linux-audio-user] icky low level linux stuff

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] icky low level linux stuff
From: Vincent Touquet (vincent.touquet_AT_pandora.be)
Date: Sat Jul 27 2002 - 11:53:18 EEST

On Sat, Jul 27, 2002 at 12:08:14PM +0900, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>Most of us round here are possibly too far into the depths of Linux to
>give simple user friendly advice to a person who does not want to know
>about the complexity of Linux. It's clear that we may not be helping new
>users with this advice.
True ...

>Should we be making a more conscious effort to dumb down our advice?
>It's hard work giving advice to someone when you know little or nothing
>of their experience and needs.
Hm, I don't know.
Sometimes the commandline really is
the only thing I work with, so
I wouldn't know how to get a CD
title in Konqueror for instance...

I think more users, more userfriendly
features and more useability testing
of software (last one is often forgotten)
will get us very far.

I don't think its a question of lowering
our level, I think it desrespects the
intelligence of the user.

It's just getting your mind in a different
context really :)

Generally people who have been through
the same problems can help eachother
much easier, I think.