Re: [linux-audio-user] icky low level linux stuff

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] icky low level linux stuff
From: Joseph Zitt (jzitt_AT_metatronpress.com)
Date: Sun Jul 28 2002 - 06:24:42 EEST

On Sat, 27 Jul 2002 16:07:26 +0100
Mike Rawes <mike_rawes_AT_yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> The reason behind the defensiveness (on the part of the 'l337 h4x0rz')
> that sometimes occurs is that these people spend a great deal of their
> free time making linux audio better, and to have someone start saying
> "no - it's not working for me, so I'm going back to Windows" or
> similar can seem a little, well, rude :)

I apologize for my tantrum of a few days back. Had I just been using the
machine for audio, yeah, I would probably have gone to Windows and
stayed
there. But to do anything *else*, I'm finding Linux is still better for
me.

BTW, I'm in the midst of getting and installing the new kernel and ALSA
now. Fernando has updated the Planet CCRMA at Home collection to use
apt-get for RPMs, and it seems, so far, to be a wondrous thing...

--
| josephzitt_AT_josephzitt.com                 http://www.josephzitt.com/ |
| http://www.metatronpress.com/jzitt/   http://www.mp3.com/josephzitt/ |