[linux-audio-user] Newbie Lurker

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Newbie Lurker
From: nancyb (nancyb_AT_bond.net)
Date: Mon Jul 29 2002 - 05:42:07 EEST

> .
>
> And IIRC, the Zen mind is the beginner's mind. Let us aspire to the
> Zen condition... ;)

I haven't used a command line since I tossed my 286 (and even then I
quickly found something called GEOS that offered a really pretty GUI for
the few apps I needed), and switched to Macs. More recently I read the
The Hacker Ethic and installed Gnu-Linux Mandrake on a used pentium box
I got for free, and todded my Macs.

All I really need from an audio system is a notation program that will
accept and output midi data, as well as make very nice printouts of my
wedding gig string quartet arrangements, a la Finale etc., or my
favorite, Nightingale. This small requirement is already proving
difficult, but I will persevere. I can't imagine trying to set up a
recording work station on this thing. You guys are nuts, but I'm glad
you're out there.

Your conversations are way above me but I find myself curious (green?).
I don't think I can stay lurking on the list for much longer, however as
the volume is pretty high and wholesale deleting of unread material
makes me feel unhappy.

Three lbs. of flax!