Re: [linux-audio-user] Newbie Lurker

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Newbie Lurker
From: Dr. Matthias Nagorni (mana_AT_suse.de)
Date: Mon Jul 29 2002 - 15:48:05 EEST

On Sun, 28 Jul 2002, Taybin Rutkin wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Jul 2002, nancyb wrote:
>
> > All I really need from an audio system is a notation program that will
> > accept and output midi data, as well as make very nice printouts of my
> > wedding gig string quartet arrangements, a la Finale etc., or my
> > favorite, Nightingale. This small requirement is already proving
>
> You might want to look at a program called Brahms. I think it does midi
> notation. I'm not sure of the link though.

AFAIK the best program for MIDI notation in the Linux world is NoteEdit

http://rnvs.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de/~jan/noteedit/noteedit.html

Although it has been written primarily for score editing, NoteEdit offers
also some sequencing features. NoteEdit is a KDE application, but it's
definitely worth installing KDE libs.

Recently a new version of Rosegarden has been released:
http://www.all-day-breakfast.com/rosegarden/
This classic program is both a sequencer and score editor.

To my knowledge all other sequencer programs don't offer a really
functional score editor.

Matthias

--
Dr. Matthias Nagorni