Re: [linux-audio-user] Noise Reduction experience?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Noise Reduction experience?
From: Robert Brown (sbg_AT_twcny.rr.com)
Date: Mon Jul 29 2002 - 22:22:50 EEST

On Mon, 29 Jul 2002 16:12:08 -0700 (PDT)
Brian Redfern <bredfern_AT_calarts.edu> wrote:

> One thing that will help is having the best soundcard you can get to
> record onto, then from there you could possibly fiddle with some of the
> filters on ecasound to try to reduce the hiss layer in realtime. There's a
> program from my old teacher Tom Erbe called soundhack which can nicely
> slice off hiss, but he hasn't released the java version yet (its a mac
> program for now :-( ). Poke around the ladspa project as well, someone has
> probably made a noise reducer plugin out there. Also Csound can be used
> for this type of processing, maybe someone out there has a decent orc/sco
> for hiss reduction.

Thanks for the suggestions, Ill do some poking around.. by the way I am using
a Cassette deck -> Fostex D-5 (AD Conversion) > Toslink Optical > M-Audio
Delta DiO 2496 w/ OSS Envy24 driver. It's really a decent setup for the
transfer, just some tape hiss due to the cassette being a 2nd generation copy.

--
Robert Brown