Re: [linux-audio-user] Room noise + acoustics (was: SNR (not audio))

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Room noise + acoustics (was: SNR (not audio))
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Tue Jul 30 2002 - 19:01:39 EEST

On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 11:30:50AM -0400, Ross Vandegrift wrote:
> An easy way to dampen a room that's got too much kick - mix some baby
> power into the paint before you put the final coat of paint on. It
> helps roll off resonating high ends.

baby power? cool! where can I find baby power? ;)

> I'm not sure how much - I've never done it. Google around
> rec.audio.pro; someone there has to have posted more detail at some
> point.

I can't imagine how this could affect much of anything except maybe
make the wall a bit rougher and thus provide some extra diffusion
for *very* high treble... but hey, I've never tried it.
Acoustics == weird.

--

Paul Winkler home: http://www.slinkp.com "Muppet Labs, where the future is made - today!"