Re: [linux-audio-user] Room noise + acoustics (was: SNR (not audio))

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Room noise + acoustics (was: SNR (not audio))
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Jul 30 2002 - 19:00:35 EEST

On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 09:55:08 -0400, Paul Winkler wrote:
> Actually, that's not very square at all ... there's a
> *big* difference between a ratio of 1:1 and a ratio of 1.1:1.
> You don't mention the exact ceiling height, though.

Thats because I forgot to measure it :(

> Long ago I whipped up a simple, crappy perl script to calculate
> room modes based on dimensions. I'm afraid to look at the source

Hey so did I :) AFAICT you only calculate axial modes?

I started one in C that calulates oblique and tangential too, but I can't
figure out a sensible way to display the results. The problem is that the
ideal result is a curve.

I will work on it some more soon, and see if I can get it to graph the
difference between the ideal and actual.

- Steve