Re: [linux-audio-user] Room noise + acoustics (was: SNR (not audio))

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Room noise + acoustics (was: SNR (not audio))
From: Greg Bodnar (greg_AT_sapheron.org)
Date: Tue Jul 30 2002 - 21:15:51 EEST

Paul Winkler <pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com> is on permanent record as saying:
:On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 05:00:35PM +0100, Steve Harris wrote:
:> ... AFAICT you only calculate axial modes?
:
:Yep. The books I've read suggest that anything else is
:hard to calculate and hard to correlate with reality, so
:not worth the trouble. But axial modes are simple and very likely
:to be observable in practice.
:
:I forget what books... a couple of "building your own home studio"
:type things.

There was an article on kuro5hin.org about 3 or 4 weeks ago that dealt
with this. It was a general overview, but did cover some of the math
surrounding the resonant frequencies.

Greg
--- -