[linux-audio-user] Demudi and alsa

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Demudi and alsa
From: Michael Krusch (lau_AT_maren-noel.de)
Date: Thu Aug 01 2002 - 00:56:06 EEST

Hi,

I want to setup a convolution reverb box using Anders Torger's BruteFIR
(http://www.ludd.luth.se/~torger/brutefir.html)
I use a Terratec EWS88D (Ice11712 chip). With SuSE 8.0 everithing works
fine. But there is the latency issue. After 1 week twiddling with
patches and kernels I found DeMuDi with out-of-the-box low latency.
Now I have installed it but no sound. I'm not very familiar with Debian.
On SuSE yast helps me to configure.

I have installed alsa-base 0.9.0rc1-2, alsa-headers,
alsa-modules-2.4.5-lowlat and alsa-sources. On booting I get the
message:
Skipping ice1712 - assuming it's compiled into the kernel
Later on booting:
Starting ALSA sound driver (version 0.9.0beta6): no sound cards defined

When I try modprobe snd-card-ice1712 then the module is loaded.

When I try to compile brutefir make tells me:
bfio_alsa.c:24: alsa/asoundlib.h: no such file or directory
make: *** [bfio_alsa.o] Error 1

Someone any ideas?

Michael Krusch