Re: From the Gentoo front, (was Re: [linux-audio-user] Demudi and alsa)

Subject: Re: From the Gentoo front, (was Re: [linux-audio-user] Demudi and alsa)
From: jjbenham_AT_chicagoguitar.com
Date: Thu Aug 01 2002 - 23:35:04 EEST

I am using gentoo now. I love it!. I am have written ebuilds but not submitted them yet. I have to work out the bugs in them.
I wrote ebuilds for cinelerra, ladspa-cmt, and snd. I will soon build more. I got discourcaged originally trying to submit ladspa-cmt. They recected it because it did not build on their testing sytems. I am not sure why. It did not find ladsap.h. I think they either did not have ladspa-skd installed or it was a wrong environment variable. I worked fine on both of my machines. I wonder how why can share these files so that we can inprove opon these together.

Keep in touch both you at least and all who use gentoo. I would like to share unoffical ebuilds untill we can work out the bugs and get these things submitted faster.

Thanks,
Jeremiah